Six in the morning or: How I just wanted to have breakfast but the cereal gave me a real surprise
Alpha build is up!
- Core mechanics are in
- The game has 6 levels, but no finale
- Balance and difficulty are rough. Tutorial is missing. See below ("Getting stuck") for some help.
Way too early in the morning. Someone stole The Mayo's* cookie, so now Scimatta has to to find the culprit before they get away with it, literally.
The standard issue Pólis Manual and the "helpful" DB L.A.D** are Scimatta's only hope of accomplishing this feat, even though what Scimatta would really like to do is to get back into bed.
Procedurally generated with love, new run = new thief. Must be that unarmed confectionery robbery is the second most common past-time in Biscotja, the first being telling lies, and I'm not making this up.
* No, not the Mayor, but The Mayo, who also happens to be the Mayor of Biscotja. How Mayo became Mayor is a story for another time...
** Database Lookup Assistant Drone
Getting stuck section:
- The POMA (right click, or POMA icon) will tell you what items to look out for in order to catch the thief.
NB. The POMA changes at every level!
- There's only one thief per level. The thief might be a liar, but being a liar does not make one a thief.
- Characters will almost never incriminate themselves directly. You might have to figure out who is innocent instead, and rule out the thief by exclusion.
- Entries in the POMA do not imply anything other than what is directly specified . For example in the following scenario:
1. The POMA says: Has plant = liar
2. Ribbity has a plant
3. It follows that Ribbity is a liar
4. In another room, Bob does NOT have a plant
5. Bob might be a liar, or he might not be - based on condition 1, we cannot tell. It might be possible to tell based on other entries in the manual.
- Certain items are only found inside cabinets. Click on cabinets to open them.
- The POMA does not cover ALL cases, but it always covers enough cases to find the thief.
- If you can't tell if a character is a liar based on the information provided by the POMA, then it's better to talk to other characters.
SFX & Music Credits
"8bit Dungeon Boss", "Android Sock Hop", "Blobby Samba", "Le Grand Chase", "Marty Gots a Plan", "Moonlight Hall", "Townie Loop", "Two Finger Johnny", "Waltz of Treachery FX" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
"Gong Hit" https://gowlermusic.com/
"Bell 6" https://freesound.org/people/juskiddink/
"Whip Crack 01" https://freesound.org/people/CGEffex/
"Funky Guitar Solo" https://freesound.org/people/tootoos24
"Elephant Voice" https://freesound.org/people/y89312/
"c_s cello B3" https://freesound.org/people/tim.kahn/
"Dog Toy" https://freesound.org/people/FairhavenCollection/
"Toy Squeak" https://freesound.org/people/xtrgamr/
"Green Toy Pig, Squeaking, A" https://freesound.org/people/InspectorJ/
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- HTML5 version12 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.